Life In Kazan
Cost of living
Living expenses during your stay in Kazan will depend on the lifestyle you choose. To save money, you may consider cooking for yourself, which will cost about $100 a month for groceries. Living with a family will save you even more money.
The cost of living in Kazan is much lower than in Moscow or St. Petersburg, so you can find a wide variety of familiar foods at affordable prices.
AVERAGE PRICES IN RUSSIA
in US dollars
- A taxi ride in Moscow: from center to suburbs, about $6 -$10 US, otherwise it’s about $0.4 per kilometer and about 20% less in smaller towns.
- Bed in a hostel: $20 and up
- 3-star hotel room: $80-$150
- 5-star hotel room: $250 and up
- 1 metro trip: $0.5
- 1 bus trip: $0.5
- Lunch in a restaurant for 1 person $8-$10
- All you can eat: about $12
- Loaf of bread $0.5
- Pack of milk: $1
- 1 kg of bananas $0.8, 1 kg of apples $1.2, 1 kg of oranges $1-$1.5, 1 kg of tomatoes: $1, 1 kg of potatoes $0.4-$0.6p
- Pack of rice: $1, 1 kg of chicken filet: $3-$4, 1 kg of meat: $2-$5, 1 kg of fish filet $4.
- Fine for not registering your visa and stay: $30