Life In Kazan
About Kazan State Medical University
With 200 years of experience in medical training, around 700 students from more than 57 countries (half of whom study in English), and a large group of students from neighboring and remote regions of Russia, KSMU is undoubtedly an international university. We take pride in the fact that students from all of the world want to study with us, and as a result, we go above and beyond to ensure that our international students feel comfortable and supported during their time in a new country.
- More than 5,500 medical students, clinical residents and interns.
- 65 departments.
- More than 1,500 staff members.
After Moscow and St. Petersburg, KSMU is the third oldest medical university in Russia.
In Kazan, KSMU is the only university recognized by:
- The Ministry of Healthcare and Ministry of Education and Science of the Russian Federation.
- the WHO, listed in the World Directory of Medical Schools (AVICENNA Directory for Medicine).
- Educational Commission for Foreign Medical Graduates (USA).
- Leading medical councils, including Australian Medical Council, General Medical Council, Medical Council of India, and more.
The decision to attend medical school is a profound and life-changing one. Choosing which medical school to attend is just as important to potential students.
Attending an international school will give you the opportunity to be exposed to new cultures, people and experiences. Learning to communicate with those around you and becoming part of a new community will provide another learning experience that will help students grow and mature.
There are many medical schools around the world to choose from, so doing your research and finding the best fit for you and your future is extremely important. We suggest you take the time to read all the facts and information we have provided on our site and learn everything you can about KSMU. We know you’ll be impressed!