KSMU GLOBAL HEALTH
KSMU is an active partner and a host site for a consortium of Global Health initiatives with Yale University School of Medicine, University of Vermont, Western Connecticut Health Network, and Manatee Memorial Hospital in Florida.
In the last 10 years, more than 500 KSMU students underwent summer clinical and research fellowships in 40 countries worldwide through an international student exchange program, and more than 200 non-Russian medical students were trained at KSMU.
- More than 40 KSMU residents have completed clinical internships at Yale School of Medicine.
- KSMU residents have received clinical training at Danbury Hospital via the University of Vermont Partnership.
- Seventeen students completed a 6-week Global Health elective at the University of Makerere in Uganda.
- USA medical students perform elective clerkships in Russia at KSMU.
- Lecture series hosted at KSMU and conducted by Ivy League professors in areas such as biostatistics, tropical medicine, HIV and clinical epidemiology.