Student Info



Founded in 2002, BusinessVisaHQ has established itself as a leader in the visa and passport services industry by offering a proprietary best-in-class online technology platform, superior client service, and connects thousands of travelers around the world with information every day. While visas and passports are often considered an afterthought when arranging travel itineraries, they are a critical and mandatory part of international travel. Why not make the process as easy and simple as possible? BusinessVisaHQ is the fast and seamless way to obtain any type of travel document, from simple electronic entry documents to complex student visas and business visas. Through our web based platform and online application portal, both travelers and travel arrangers will not only save time, but experience unparalleled personal service from a dedicated client service team.With 20 offices across US, Canada,Europe,and Asia. BusinessVisaHQ has partnered with Kazan State Medical University as a recommended expert to provide customized solutions to make sure you travel on time, every time.

To begin your application, please register at

Migration Card

In accordance with Russian visa laws, all foreigners must complete special migration cards upon arrival. You will be able to obtain this card when you cross the Russian border.

Your migration card will include personal information, how long you’ll be in Russia, the purpose of your visit and where you plan to live. You must present this card to the university so that we can fill out the migration paperwork. It’s illegal to stay in Russia for more than three days without registering your visa at your place of residence, so it’s imperative that you have the full name and address of the company that provided your invitation when you arrive. You can find this information in your visa support documentation, and we encourage all visitors to write this information down for future reference.

Russian Study Visa

If you’ve been accepted and plan to study in Russia for exchange or education (which includes full- or part-time study, language courses, individual language or research training), then you’re eligible to a Russian study visa. If you’ve accepted admission to KSMU and plan to attend, you must submit all required documentation to KSMU and the Centre of International Education and Cooperation (CIEC) will take care of the paperwork (read more). Once you’ve submitted everything, CIEC of KSMU will submit everything to Russian immigration and have your student invitation form ready in 2-6 weeks to send to you through the mail or by fax. As this invitation form proves the purpose of your visit and plans to study in Russia, you will need this invitation form to get your study visa stamped at the Russian Embassy/Consulate.

With the KSMU’s invitation, you can extend your study visa for the duration of study. This can be done by applying for and obtaining a single-entry study visa, which can be renewed for the duration of study upon arriving in Kazan.

You are required to apply for the correct visa in your country before coming to Russia; KMSU is only responsible for your visa invitation.


In accordance with Russian law, foreign passports (regardless of visa type) are subject to registration. You must register your Russian visa within 72 hours of when you arrive. This does not include weekends or holidays; if you arrive on a Saturday, Sunday, or holiday, you must register your visa the first working day after you arrive.

At some point during your first three days in Russia, you must bring your passport, visa and migration card to the Center of International Education and Cooperation (CIEC) of Kazan State Medical University. After, the KSMU Admissions Office will assist those who came to Russia on a student visa obtained through a KSMU invitation with passport registration in the Department of Internal Affairs.

Depending on where you are staying, you’ll be able to have your visa registered. Hotels will do this for a small fee, and if you’re staying at a private apartment, your landlord must register your visa. Landlords must fill out a notification form indicating your passport and migration card information at their local police department (in Moscow) or FMS office (also known at OVIR) in other cities. The notification form can also be sent by the landlord through registered mail to the address of the local police precinct or FMS office.

It’s imperative that you register your Russian visa, as not doing so can result in serious implications: detention by police, fines on departure, prevention of boarding the plane, etc. We strongly recommend that you come to the CIEC the day after you arrive to register your visa.